Elise Ives 5016678 Media Proposal 2
For the second media article, I would like to focus on the portrayal of powerful women in the media and in this instance focus on Hillary Clinton and her role as a candidate in opposition to Donald Trump.
These two candidates have been a media frenzy within the news, more so than any other presidential candidate, just due to the people that they are and the policies that are upheld.
I want to focus the article around the internal sexism within some news stories and how so the public’s vote may be swayed with each article.
Focusing on Clinton as a highlight and using news articles that portray Trump in a certain way in comparison to her I believe will offer insight into the any sexist connotations behind personality and policy.
Some articles I am considering to use:
- “The dark depths of hatred for Hillary Clinton” BBC News http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-36992955
- “Why I’m voting Hillary” CNBC News
- “Hillary Clinton’s problem? We just don’t trust women” The Guardian
- “Hating Hillary” The Economist
- Particular focus on this website which slanders Hillary’s campaign (no doubt personality as well)
- And some more online content from sources such as Mamamia etc